The Center for Justice and Social Compassion offers training, seminars and workshops to address homelessness issues. Topics include:
- The Myths of Homelessness Series. Myths They Cannot Live By: Explore with Christine the many myths about homeless people that hinder social compassion and impede social action to alleviate their distress.
- Helping Homeless People Get Their ID: Certified Birth Certificates, California DMV-Issued Photo IDs and Social Security Cards.
- Three Steps of Ending Homelessness.
- Service Without Fear – Alleviating Hunger: An experiential workshop for all ages. Participants learn to alleviate hunger through direct service personally guided by CJSC director Christine.
- Service Providers, Unite!
- Homelessness by the Numbers.
- A Sign of the Times: Homeless Veterans.
- Battered Into Homelessness.
- Do Homeless People Have Rights?
- The Joy of Service.
- Food For Thought: The Charitable Giving of Food.
- Remembering Mama Lee.
- Direct Service: How You Can Help Someone in Need.
- How to Help a Homeless Person: Guide to Gift Bags.
- Overcoming Nimbyism – Not in My Backyard: How to build community support for housing programs for homeless people.
- How to Ask Questions That Count and Avoid Bias in questions for information gathering.
- Training Enumerators to Count: Preparing volunteers for safe interactions during the census.
- The Who, What, When, Where and How of Homelessness: Participate in the discussion of the reason for and solutions for homelessness.
- Stepping Toward Solutions: A walk with Christine through the challenges of homelessness (workshop involves discussion and role-playing).
- Why Me? Homeless Veterans Without Honor: Discovering how honor can be restored through common decency of living conditions.
- What of the Children? Where Can I Go? Addressing the perils and needs facing young people without homes.
- Issues of Law and Public Policy: How Can We Help? Especially designed for law and public policy makers and public administrators; recommended for law school students as well.
And much more…